10 tips for developing your creativity!
We all have that friend or colleague that comes up with amazing ideas. It doesn’t matter if it’s an idea for a project, a birthday party, or a trip: they always surprise us with smart suggestions that we all admire.
But, how is a creative person? Can everybody be creative or is it a natural talent that only a few have?
In fact, it’s true that creative people “woke up like this”, and their personality have some inherent characteristics:
- They show a certain openness to experience: curiosity to explore things from all angles.
- They have complex personality types, and tend to avoid routine.
- They seek out new experiences
- They take risks
- Everything is an opportunity for self-expression
Can everybody be creative or is it a natural talent that only a few have?
However, everybody can develop their creativity. After all, one can train the brain as if it was the six pack! Would you like to start training your creativity? There is so much hidden potential in you! Write down these tips and make the most of your ideas!
- Play and pretend: when you play, your subconscious has time to wander and explore other possibilities.
1. Play and pretend: when you play, your subconscious has time to wander and explore other possibilities.
2. Become a beginner: every time you start learning something new (even hula hooping!) your brain develops new neuronal connections that will help you while using any other skill or knowledge.
3. Know what you need: take a look around you. What could be improved? What would make your life better? What do you usually say after “if I only could…”? You just need to keep your eyes very open, to be fully conscious of these needs… and to take a step further ;).
4. Take a walk: Or go to the gym, dance… usually, physical exercise release your unconscious, making it easier to come up with ideas you didn’t think of before.
5. Talk and collaborate with people different than you: Different people, with different backgrounds, will give you different feedback, different points of view that will help you generate more original ideas.
Tell your idea to somebody: feedback will give you another point of view, and will improve your idea.
6. Tell your idea to somebody: this will help you not only with obtaining feedback, but also with verbalizing your thoughts. Putting your ideas into words will help realize how feasible an idea is, and if you can improve it. 7
7. Forget about the problem during a couple of days: Forget about it completely, and then, with a more fresh state of mind, come back to it.
8. Think about the topic before going to sleep: maybe a dream will show up during the night, bringing THE idea.
9. This tip is the second part of the previous one: you need a notebook close to the bed, so you make yourself sure that if that great idea appears during the night you won’t forget it!
10. You still can’t come up with an idea? Then set up a challenge in Nextinit. Your people will definitely find 1000 solutions for your business, and will also improve your ideas. Innovation at its highests!
And for 3 months you can try it for free ;).
When implementing a culture of innovation in the workplace to reap the benefits of collective intelligence, your business can achieve a lot. But it’s not as easy as simply doing it - it takes a lot of work from the whole organizational body. Did you know that 94% of...
Collective intelligence helps you take the best ideas, perspectives and opinions from members of a team and implement them to create something greater. It only works when everyone works together, and plenty of other businesses are realising the power of it.When a...
Innovation is what keeps a business driving forward, determining whether it will thrive, or fall by the side-lines. Without innovation, your business cannot continue to be a leader in its field. Can you really afford for that to happen? Fostering a culture of...