Human Resources Enter the Digital Transformation
Digital transformation has a real impact on every department. Do you know the main digital trends and its benefits transforming HR departments? And what about the most important skills in digitalization?
Change is an undeniable constant at every level and department of a business, and human resources are included in this transformation. But, how change, and more specifically digitalization, is impacting on this department?
First of all, we must make a distinction between the functioning itself of human resources departments, and secondly about the skills that these professionals consider as the most relevants for any professional nowadays, in this period of change.
We must make a distinction between the functioning itself of human resources departments
A Digitalized HR department: What Does It Look Like?
New technologies are already modifying the way that HR departments have traditionally worked, and now there are systems with real impact in careers & learning, and talent acquisition, for instance.
Some of these technologies are, according to the research 2018 Global Human Capital Trends by Deloitte, “appification” of everything, reinventing performance management, embedded analytics, feedback and pulse surveys, wellness and fitness apps, Artificial Intelligence-based recruitment platforms and selection, diversity and inclusion products, team management tools, and the emergence of Teams, Slack, Workplace, and G Suite. (We would add here Nextinit!)
What is more, according to some authors, “there will be tools for feedback, learning on demand, well-being and work management, and rewards and recognition will be coming together in a single app.”
5 Benefits of a digitalised HR department
- A better talent management decision-making: AI systems will offer most accurate decisions about the actions to take.
- A most simple way to headhunt: social media makes easier to contact people willing to change their jobs.
- Boost of engagement & satisfaction: thanks to new tools for working from home, there is a better work-life balance, which enhances engagement. Also, it is easier to measure the general feeling of your crew, and therefore easier to act when (and where) needed.
- Retraining staff: Thanks to bots, HR departments will be able to train their staff for new tasks and duties, according to the Digital HR Tech magazine.
- Automate tasks: somes tasks as holidays requests or sick leaves will be done in an automate way, thanks to the intelligent self-service tools.
Most demanded skills in the digitalised companies
Survey respondents predict tremendous future demand for skills such as complex problem-solving (63 percent), cognitive abilities (55 percent), and social skills (52 percent), according to the research 2018 Global Human Capital Trends by Deloitte. And these are not technological skills one can acquire by studying, but qualities that will make the whole company more likely to get easily adapted to changes.
All these skills you can spot them thanks to Nextinit, as well as boosting engagement, tracking satisfaction, or start using apps for talent management, innovation, and promoting change. Interesting, isn’t it? Now you can try it for free ;).