Dress (your idea) to impress (and get funds) in 10 tips
Here we go. After implementing the 10 tips we gave you for improving your creativity, you got THE idea: the solution for developing an amazing product, a competitive service, or a wonderful new way of working at the office or way of managing everyday work life.
You clearly see it. You know how to develop your idea, who would love it, and all the benefits it would bring. You dream with it, and talk about it to everyone. You have become a walking idea. But from being a visionary to being an innovator there is a path that can be more or less complicate to go through.
As we do not want any idea to get lost in the parallel Dimension of Things that Could Have Been but Were Not, we are gonna inspire you with some tips that will help you to become the most convincing innovator. Funders at your feet!
You have an idea but, do you have funds?
- Know your project: Before exposing to the humanity your brilliance, think if there is any lack, any inconsistency on it. What would your worst enemy say about it? Think a reply for every aspect of your idea, and learn them by heart. The point here is to have more ways out to any possible objection than a metro station.
2.Make it simple: try to explain your idea in 3 minutes, that means, develop your elevator pitch (the time that an elevator takes to get to your floor), and try to make it understandable to everybody, whether they work in your field or not. You won’t risk a loss of attention from your audience due to complexity or time extension.
From being a visionary to being an innovator there is a path that can be more or less complicate to go through.
3. Tell a story!: Explain your idea following the tale’s structure (beginning, climax, and dénouement). Every tale has an hero, or a leading role, so think about the main character of your project. Which problems is he/she facing? How he/she came up with the idea? What has changed after the idea’s implementation? What is the key message?
4. Contact your audience: Once you have introduced your idea, contact individually your audience: thank them for their time and attention, and ask them how they find the idea, and if there is any aspect of it you could improve. Honest feedback is gold!
Show certainty: attitude is contagious, so a dynamic and confident attitude will help you to get your audience on board.
5. Show certainty: attitude is contagious, so a dynamic and confident attitude will help you to get your audience on board.
6. Get supports: find similar cases and use them as success cases (big brands, peers…). Equally, if you can find experts on the topic, or relevant people within your company to support your project, it will help you, and will encourage others to approve and support your project.
7. Be proactive with your colleagues’ projects: invest in other’s projects, listen to them, give them constructive feedback… You will develop a relationship with them, and when it’s your turn to introduce ideas they will return attention to you. Reciprocity norm, my friend. Plus you’ll see your ideas improved 😉
8. Disarm with your kindness: people may disagree with you. Don’t take it personally. Thank every comment, use sentences as “that’s a very interesting point of view”, and never say “you’re wrong”.
9. Humor: Humor, always in an innocent and respectful way, helps you to get close to your audience.
10. Complete descriptions on Nextinit: Of course! We could not miss one of the most relevant ways to impact on your audience and get funds for your project, Nextinit. In the platform for innovation you can upload your idea, and develop it as much as you like, adding videos, pictures and other images, and describing it as much as needed. Apply here all the tips above for getting investors in your pocket that will fund your idea with Nextcoins, making it possible.
Will you be able to make real THE idea, your idea? Try it now for free on Nextinit.
When implementing a culture of innovation in the workplace to reap the benefits of collective intelligence, your business can achieve a lot. But it’s not as easy as simply doing it - it takes a lot of work from the whole organizational body. Did you know that 94% of...
Collective intelligence helps you take the best ideas, perspectives and opinions from members of a team and implement them to create something greater. It only works when everyone works together, and plenty of other businesses are realising the power of it.When a...
Innovation is what keeps a business driving forward, determining whether it will thrive, or fall by the side-lines. Without innovation, your business cannot continue to be a leader in its field. Can you really afford for that to happen? Fostering a culture of...