Change Management: encouraging ideas
- Company’s culture: “company’s culture becomes very important, as does its ability to communicate, for its people to communicate with a common vocabulary.” And communication is a vital skill for explaining the need of change and movement.
- Social responsibility: “show that you’re also responsive to the places where your employees live and work.” according to the expert, this interaction with the environment leads to an interesting exchange.
- Transparency: More information disclosed about more things in more places.
- Networking: More alliances and partnerships and external collaboration in the future.
- Imagination: Creativity and imagination will help you to discover possibilities.
- Diversity: “You need people who are more cosmopolitan, who don’t speak simply from within a single world view but can understand and create bridges of thought.” This is crucial to develop new ideas, enrich old ones, or as Kanter says, create original connections.
- Individuality: understood as the your own voice value. “Your voice is as good as anyone’s, and you don’t have to wait until the person in power tells you what the right answer is.”
- Experiment and the will to always do better: this attitude rests in the core of change.
- Encourage ideas as a manager: reward the number of new ideas that people develop,” if their managers don’t encourage them to develop new ideas and applaud them when they do…” This encouragement, according to the expert, must be done within a formal program like “Idea of the month”. Consequently, “this behavior is embedded in the culture. Companies need a formal program to kick it off”, explained Kanter. And, most of all, because “there’s nothing more demoralizing than having nobody notice good performance.”
You feel tired, in a bad mood, without motivation to do anything, and unable to meet any demand. Do you feel identified? You may be suffering then the Burnout syndrome.
NEXTINIT May, 24 Innovation does not refer only to new products, new technologies, or new jobs. It does also include the way we do things, the way we do business… and the way we act at the office and face challenges. This week we bring you a new way of working that...
NEXTINIT Changing for the better: how to achieve it? May, 16 Change is a constant in everybody's life. Our planet is in a constant evolution, and the movements we can appreciate in continents are a proof of it. But also plants, animals, and every of our smallest...