Change Management: encouraging ideas
- Company’s culture: “company’s culture becomes very important, as does its ability to communicate, for its people to communicate with a common vocabulary.” And communication is a vital skill for explaining the need of change and movement.
- Social responsibility: “show that you’re also responsive to the places where your employees live and work.” according to the expert, this interaction with the environment leads to an interesting exchange.
- Transparency: More information disclosed about more things in more places.
- Networking: More alliances and partnerships and external collaboration in the future.
- Imagination: Creativity and imagination will help you to discover possibilities.
- Diversity: “You need people who are more cosmopolitan, who don’t speak simply from within a single world view but can understand and create bridges of thought.” This is crucial to develop new ideas, enrich old ones, or as Kanter says, create original connections.
- Individuality: understood as the your own voice value. “Your voice is as good as anyone’s, and you don’t have to wait until the person in power tells you what the right answer is.”
- Experiment and the will to always do better: this attitude rests in the core of change.
- Encourage ideas as a manager: reward the number of new ideas that people develop,” if their managers don’t encourage them to develop new ideas and applaud them when they do…” This encouragement, according to the expert, must be done within a formal program like “Idea of the month”. Consequently, “this behavior is embedded in the culture. Companies need a formal program to kick it off”, explained Kanter. And, most of all, because “there’s nothing more demoralizing than having nobody notice good performance.”
When implementing a culture of innovation in the workplace to reap the benefits of collective intelligence, your business can achieve a lot. But it’s not as easy as simply doing it - it takes a lot of work from the whole organizational body. Did you know that 94% of...
Collective intelligence helps you take the best ideas, perspectives and opinions from members of a team and implement them to create something greater. It only works when everyone works together, and plenty of other businesses are realising the power of it.When a...
Innovation is what keeps a business driving forward, determining whether it will thrive, or fall by the side-lines. Without innovation, your business cannot continue to be a leader in its field. Can you really afford for that to happen? Fostering a culture of...