We give you 5 reasons to bring your lovely paws to the office.
Cartier is one of these great companies getting adapted to new times and ways of working: the more they get expanded and their business grow, the bigger the challenges, plus the intrinsic characteristics of this era, such as the Millennial and Z generations incorporations to the work life, or the fast technology advance.
They found in Nextinit the perfect partner to overcome obstacles, and to improve their communication and cohesion, finding new ways of working and collaborating.
In fact, there are many new ways of working arising recently. Here, we are going to tell you a new habit that more and more companies are adopting recently and that we particularly love in Nextinit!
Take your dog to the office!
Because… this is the trend we want to tell you about! According to some studies (Reed.co.uk, Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, the Virginia Commonwealth University among others) taking your paw’s mate to the office may have many, many benefits for all of us. Do you want to know more?
- It helps to handle the stress, improves heart rate, and blood pressure: petting a dog, looking at it, or talking to it for a few minutes can radically improve your stress levels, and therefore improve your heart rate and blood pressure. And, we all know that, if we are not stressed at work it will benefit the whole humanity 😉
2. It boosts your creativity: many employees have experienced a boost of creativity while they were interacting with their pets. This has an explanation; when we are not focused on something, and leave our thoughts flowing, our secondary process (something that Freud already studied) keeps working on a certain topic, helping us to find solutions.
3. It improves communication: Who does not want to pet a puppy? If you see a dog in the corridors, or at somebody’s desk, most probably you’ll approach to it and exchange some words with the owner. At the end, it’s just an excuse to approach somebody you have never talked to before!
4. More wellbeing, and more productivity: allowing dogs at the company improves morale and makes employees happier, which in turns increases engagement, and eventually enhances the company reputation and the productivity.
5. More trust and cohesion in the team: having furry ones among us increases the cooperation and other positive behaviours.
Do you need more reasons? It is a very cheap initiative, and some amazing companies such as Nestlé or Zalando have made already their offices dog-friendly.
Maybe you could propose this idea to your company. Why not sharing it on Nextinit (try it free now!)? You already have 5 nice reasons to add to your idea and make your fellows invest on it. Good luck ;
Maybe you could propose this idea to your company. Why not sharing it on Nextinit (try it free now!)? You already have 5 nice reasons to add to your idea and make your fellows invest on it. Good luck ;).
A company's culture cannot change overnight - it is a long and hard road to get it right. It can only be changed by implementing a seeding technique. A company has to make small changes, sow the seeds, and put them into the best possible environment. Then,...
How Operational Innovation Can Transform Your Company Operational innovation and operational excellence may sound similar, but they are totally different. Operational excellence ensures that businesses run smoothly by making existing processes...
The eBook Taster: Collective Intelligence 101 Here at Nextinit, we are strong believers in the power of collective intelligence. We understand that a shared mind of many is far more powerful and innovative than one singular mind. We also know...